The cold weather is coming, and the skin starts to feel the change. During fall and winter, the skin tends to get more dry and brittle due to the cold. To keep your skin hydrated and healthy, it is not enough to only wash your face. You should stick to a simple skincare routine, and do it every morning and night.
In the morning, the skincare routine helps you prepare the skin for the day by hydrating it and protecting it from the sun. At night, the skin regenerates and you are able to eliminate the remains of sweat and pollution that accumulate in the pores throughout the day, hydrate it deeply, and prevent the signs of aging.
To know which routine works better for your skin type, book a grooming consultation at Style Konsult. Our expert image consultant will analyze your skin and recommend a grooming regime that keeps your skin healthy throughout the cold seasons of the year.
MEN’S DAILY SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR FALL AND WINTER
1. Cleanse your face twice a day
Just by cleaning your face daily, you will notice your skin is more hydrated, calmer, and smoother. Cleaning the skin is important in facial care due to exposure to pollution. Also, men are likely to have thicker and oilier skin compared to women. Excess oil can stick to the skin and block the pores. It is necessary to carry out the process morning and night.
Use a hydrating facial gel or foam cleanser with a low concentration of exfoliant to eliminate dead cells that accumulate throughout the day. Keep in mind that the ingredients and the formula matter. Men should opt for a cleanser that is suitable for their skin type:
- Oily or combination skin: Use gel or foam textures. You should look for cleansers with sebum-regulating active ingredients, such as salicylic acid, antibacterials such as tea tree oil and anti-inflammatory agents like green tea or salicylic acid itself.
Shop Dr. Barbara Sturm’s foaming gel cleanser
Dr. Barbara Sturm’s foaming gel cleanser has a paraben-free formula and utilizes natural ingredients to provide gentle but deep cleansing without stripping your skin of moisture. Aloe Leaf Juice repairs and regenerates damaged cells, while Purslane soothes and calms irritation. Apply over damp skin using circular movements before rinsing thoroughly with warm water.
- Sensitive skin: Use micellar water. Opt for specific cleansers, which contain soothing, decongestant or anti-redness ingredients, such as allantoin, aloe vera, niacinamide, green tea, turmeric or centella asiatica.
Shop La Mer’s ‘The Cleansing Micellar Water’
La Mer’s ‘The Cleansing Micellar Water’ is a refreshing micellar water that it’s rinse-free, so you can use it to remove dirt and excess oils. The lightweight solution is formulated with signature Miracle Broth™ and Marine Miecelle Waters™ to clean and soothe skin without leaving residue behind. Soak a cotton pad and sweep over the face and neck.
- Dry skin: Use cleansing milk with active ingredients that reinforce the protective barrier, such as moisturizing substances like panthenol, hydroxy acids, and hyaluronic acid.
Shop Grown Alchemist’s ‘Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser’
Grown Alchemist’s ‘Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser’ is an hydrating cleanser that is formulated with purifying ingredients that don’t strip away natural moisture, including antioxidant Olive Leaf Extract, pore-minimizing Vitamin B and toning Zinc. Massage onto face and neck, rinse with warm water.
- Normal skin: Being balanced, they are the most versatile, we can use any cleanser that is for normal skin and that maintains that balance.
Shop Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare’s ‘Hyaluronic Marine™ Meltaway Cleanser’
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare’s ‘Hyaluronic Marine™ Meltaway Cleanser’ is enriched with Marine Algae, Kiwi and Aloe and will instantly leave your face feeling fresh and clean. Hyaluronic Acid ensures deep hydration, preventing tightness and dryness in the cold. Massage into dry skin with fingertips and gently remove with a damp cloth or cotton round.
2 EXTRA TIPS: Exfoliate your skin every week and use toner
- Exfoliation is good to refine the texture of the skin, eliminate dead cells, and prevent clogging of the pores. A benefit of exfoliation for men is that the hair follicles are softened, resulting in an easier shave with less irritation. Exfoliate only once or twice a week with a space of 3-4 days between them.
Shop Aesop’s ‘Purifying Facial Exfoliant’
Aesop’s ‘Purifying Facial Exfoliant’ helps keep your skin clear and healthy. Formulated with Riverbed Quartz and Lactic Acid to slough off surface cells and banish impurities, this fine-grain scrub is balanced by Rosemary, Evening Primrose and Lavender oils to quell redness and blemishes, too. Apply a small amount to the wet face and neck, gently massaging in a circular motion. Thoroughly rinse with tepid water.
- Apply toner at night after cleaning your face before any other product. It works to restore the balance of the skin, and balance the pH level and the oil production. A good toner helps oily skin dry out and dry skin be more hydrated. Then, the other products of the routine are better absorbed and work more efficiently.
Shop The Grey Men’s Skincare’s ‘Exfoliating Toning Pads’
The Grey Men’s Skincare’s ‘Exfoliating Toning Pads’ remove dirt and oil without stripping away nutrients. Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, Matrikines Peptides and Retinol, each pad is saturated with a solution that will hydrate the skin and reduce signs of aging. Smooth one pad over face and neck 1-3 times per week, morning or night.
2. Apply a moisturizer at morning and night
Always remember to moisturize your skin daily after washing. Doing so will keep your skin healthy, preventing it from being itchy and dry. The moisturizer should be used daily, in the morning and at night.
Apply a small amount on your hand and then spread it all over your face with circular movements and upwards to stimulate circulation and favor the absorption of the product. Apply it after shaving, as it is ideal for relieving burning sensations and redness.
Get a moisturizer that suits your skin type:
- If your skin is dry, select a cream that has the thickest formulation.
Shop 111Skin’s ‘Y Theorem Day Cream NAC Y²’
111Skin’s day cream is specifically designed for dry skin. Developed by renowned Harley Street plastic surgeon Mr Yannis Alexandrides in collaboration with space scientists, its NAC Y² formula is rich with potent Vitamins, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides and Antioxidants to stimulate collagen production and lock in moisture. Massage a pea-sized amount into skin after morning serum.
- If your skin is oily, select a light cream, a gel, or a hydrating toner.
Shop Augustinus Bader’s ‘The Cream’
Augustinus Bader’s ‘The Cream’ is a daily moisturizing cream for oily skin that keeps skin hydrated even in the cold seasons. Containing antioxidants and soothing Aloe Vera, it comes in a travel-friendly 15ml bottle, which should last around two weeks following twice-daily application. Paraben and fragrance-free, contains Vitamins A, B, C and E. Available in three different sizes.
- If you have normal skin, get a cream that is less greasy and lighter.
Shop Saunders & Long’s ‘Facial Moisturizer’
Saunders & Long’s Squalane-based ‘Facial Moisturizer’ balances skin tone and improves texture. It is formulated with natural ingredients, like Vitamins A, B, C and E, and has a reservoir effect for long-lasting hydration in the cold weather. It is a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer for all skin types. Massage 1-2 pumps onto the face and neck.
- For men with combination skin, select a cream that is not too light or heavy.
Shop Dr. Barbara Sturm’s ‘Face Cream Light’
Dr. Barbara Sturm’s face cream has a lightweight texture that works well during warm weather. It’s infused with antioxidant-rich ingredients including Purslane Extract, Bisabolol and Panthenol that fight free radicals, while Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E soothe and nourish. Massage my face and neck after cleansing in the morning.
2 EXTRA TIPS: Eye creams and hydrating serum
- The skin around the eyes has less oil and sweat glands, and is propense to develop under-eye dryness. That results in dark circles and wrinkles. To prevent it, apply a small amount of eye cream on the skin under your eyes in the morning and at night.
Shop Dr Sebagh’s ‘De-Puff’
Dr Sebagh’s ‘De-Puff’ is formulated to effectively wipe any evidence of a late night or long day spent in front of the computer by firming and smoothing the delicate skin around the eyes and alleviating tell-tale dark circles. Apply morning and/or night to the area surrounding eyes until absorbed.
- We also recommend you to use a hydrating serum that is rich in antioxidants to hydrate the skin deeply for the cold weather. The most effective ingredients are vitamin C, ferulic acid, resveratrol, vitamin E… The moisturizer should be applied after the serum to increase its absorption.
Shop 111SKIN’s ‘Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Booster’
111SKIN’s ‘Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Booster’ is a nourishing serum enriched with Hyaluronic Acid and Lactil® that will replenish lost hydration by 30%. It is the perfect serum for the cold weather, It’s made with Vitamins C and E that have brightening and protective properties to minimize any future moisture loss. Use this oil-free concentrate when temperatures drop. Apply morning and night by mixing 1-2 drops with moisturizer or applying directly to cleansed skin.
3. Use sunscreen daily
After the moisturizer, you should apply sunscreen every morning to protect your skin during daytime. Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. For better protection, apply sunscreen to your face, neck, and hands to reduce sun damage on the skin that is exposed. Make sure to apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going outside so it absorbs better.
Although men’s skin is usually oilier than women’s, in order not to feel greasy or shiny, use an SPF oil-free emulsion or one that is made with a mist formula. That way, the skin will be protected without feeling oily. As well, it is better if the sunscreen is hydrating and scent-free.
Shop Odacité’s ‘Sun Guardian Day Crème SPF 30’
Odacité’s ‘Sun Guardian Day Crème SPF 30’ is a natural, silicone and fragrance free day cream that combines the oceanic renewing properties of Glacial Water with broad spectrum natural SPF 30 UVA+UVB to protect the skin from sun damage while providing natural hydration and infusing the skin with sea nutrients and antioxidants.
Book an image consultation or a grooming consultation at Style Konsult to get expert advice on how to groom your skin during the cold weather. Our experienced image consultant will give you the tools to maintain your skin hydrated and healthy.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.