The holidays are around the corner, so it is time to plan your outfits for the celebrations and events. Dinners with co-workers and family gatherings will be part of your daily life for a few weeks. Dress impeccably for the special occasion.
Some events will require further formality and others will be more informal, but you should always look your best. If you usually follow a formal dress code to go to the office, opt for something a little more relaxed to enjoy the celebrations. However, if you tend to work with a business casual look, you will surely opt for something more distinguished.
Book an online or in-person personal shopping session at Style Konsult to get expert advice on how to build a stylish and polished wardrobe for the long-awaited Christmas holidays. You can use the STYiLES app to book the service and shop with your image consultant. Look your best these holidays to make a good impression and enjoy the celebrations in style.
STYLISH LOOKS FOR CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS
Timeless and classic
If the etiquette of the event requires it, build a refined outfit that gives a gentleman style: ties, vests, dark suits… Suits are an infallible style choice for men. Depending on the formality of the event, you can take off the jacket and keep the solid color shirt. For the bottoms, the best option is to wear black, navy or dark gray dress pants.
Buy this navy dress shirt on ETON
Most importantly, complement the outfit with the right accessories: a tie and a good watch. The accessories elevate the look and make a difference. The shoes must also be chosen carefully. A pair of brogues would complete the sophisticated look.
If the event is totally or partially outdoors, wear a tailor-made long coat in a dark shade. It is the key piece that will take your outfit to the next level. In case the event is indoors, it is the first first thing all the guests will see. So, wear a long coat in black, navy, dark brown or gray that makes you look modish and sophisticated.
Buy this coat on Brioni
Stylish and relaxed
If the event is more relaxed, you can go for a casual look. The classic men’s festive outfit is a cashmere sweater over a shirt. You can also pick one, a sweater or a shirt. Select tops in colors like navy, burgundy, dark green, gray or brown to make the look more elegant.
Buy this cashmere sweater on Zegna
Above all, avoid prints, eccentric patterns, and jeans. Put on a high-quality pair of black, dark brown or khaki chinos. Complete the look with a warm jacket, a great watch, wool socks, and a pair of leather loafers. You can add color with a scarf.
Total black looks flatter men and are ideal for any occasion. Clothes and accessories in black always look elegant and chic. If you have doubts about the colors, opt for black. Put on a black turtleneck, black dress pants or chinos, and black Chelsea boots.
Buy this black turtleneck on Officine Générale
Add a few touches of color with silver details on your belt and watch. For the outwear, wearing a black jacket will look great, but you can put on a coat in a different color (gray, navy, brown, or checked) to balance the look.
MUST-HAVE ITEMS IN YOUR HOLIDAY WARDROBE
- High-end sweaters: Wool and cashmere sweaters are essentials. You can wear them with chinos or dark jeans for relaxed events, but also combine them with dress pants to dress up. The best option is to wear a solid color one, but there are also elegant multi-colored sweaters.
- Turtlenecks: A basic that can never be missing in your closet, much less during Christmas. It combines perfectly with chinos and dress pants, as well as with a suit jacket. Turtlenecks give a classy touch to men’s looks.
- Corduroy or velvet blazers: They are statement pieces that keep you warm. You can wear them with a turtleneck, regular-waisted tailored trousers, and loafers.
- Dark pants: Chinos and or dress pants in black, navy, and dark gray are versatile bottoms that combine well with most of the winter wardrobe. By putting on the right tailored pants, you will have practically built a refined look.
- Dress coat: An item that elevates winter looks. You may not wear it every day, depending on your daily dress style. But, all you have to do is put it on to look like an elegant gentleman. Christmas is a season in which you are going to take advantage of it. Wear a scarf to complete the look.
- Black Chelsea boots: There must be a pair of Chelsea boots in your closet for the holidays. They combine with everything and have both a classic and modern style. During Christmas, you can wear them to a dinner with friends, a company event, or a family gathering.
Book a personal shopping session at Style Konsult to know which festive outfits suit and fit you best. From the outer wear to the accessories, every detail matters to look your best and make a great impression at Christmas events and celebrations.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.