The best foods to stay healthy and fit are the most natural and fresh, mainly vegetables, fruit, and nuts. They contain the necessary vitamins and nutrients people need to have a good condition. In addition, the fiber in these foods improves digestive activity, which experts say has also been linked to better physical and mental health.
Superfoods are those rich in nutrients and that benefit your health. Most of the superfoods are raw foods that have more nutrients and a high concentration of vitamins, minerals, and other elements such as antioxidants that help prevent aging. Also, they contain few calories.
If one of your resolutions for 2023 is to improve your diet, you can start eating healthier with the recommended daily amount of vegetables, fish, nuts, and fruits. Superfoods also include lentils high in iron and other types of legumes or oats. And finally, don’t forget about fish, especially blue fish that are rich in omega-3.
9 SUPERFOODS THAT YOU CAN EAT DAILY
- Broccoli: It is characterized by its high content of vitamin C, it also contains vitamin K, B, A, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, fiber and phytonutrients. It can be consumed boiled or steamed, and it is also possible to eat it raw.
- Kale: It can be used to make salads, soups or smoothies, among others. It has hardly any calories, it contains a lot of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc, and vitamins C, E, A and K. In addition, it provides omega-3 and omega-6.
- Yogurt: It is a nutritious food and a great source of calcium. Yogurt also contains vitamin B12 to prevent heart disease. It is important to eat natural yogurts to avoid excess sugar. They can be eaten with pieces of seasonal fruit, cereals, and honey.
- Sardines: Sardines, both fresh and canned, are one of the healthiest foods. They contain omega-3, calcium, iron, phosphorus and magnesium. They can be eaten grilled, roasted, in a salad or with pasta, among other ways.
- Blueberries: They have great antioxidant properties and are excellent for treating constipation or fighting infections. In addition, they contain vitamin C.
- Pomegranate: Although it can be difficult to extract the seeds, it is a fruit with many antioxidants that can be added to a salad or taken in juice.
- Turmeric: It is the queen of spices since it provides a multitude of vitamins such as C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6 and B9. It is a source of minerals and can be added to any dish to give it color, for example, to rice or pasta recipes.
- Whole grains: They can be combined with yogurt or milk and fresh seasonal fruits. They are a source of carbohydrates, fiber and vitamin B.
- Spinach: Fresh spinach provides calcium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus, in addition, they are rich in vitamins A, C, and K. They can be eaten in a salad, pureed, or sautéed with raisins and pine nuts.
WEEKLY SAMPLE MENU WITH SUPERFOODS
|Breakfast||Orange juice, Whole wheat toast with oil Coffee or tea||Pineapple, whole wheat toast with turkey, Coffee or tea||A glass of milk with whole grains and blueberries and a banana||Orange juice, whole wheat toast with oil and coffee or tea||Pomegranate juice, whole wheat toast with cheese spread and coffee or tea||Pineapple, milk with whole grains and a kiwi||Tangerine, whole wheat toast with oil and take|
|Lunch||Sautéed spinach with pine nuts and raisins Grilled chicken||Salad with avocado, pumpkin and pomegranate||Baby spinach, chickpea and tofu salad||Pumpkin cream with chia seeds and baked cod||Quinoa salad with walnuts, avocado, coriander and mint||Vegetable Lasagna and Tomato Salad||Fish soup and baked pork tenderloin|
|Snacks||Seasonal fruit||Blueberries||Nuts||Yogurt||Blueberries and yogurt smoothie||Dried fruits||Oat and Walnut Energy Bites|
|Dinner||Carrot and zucchini cream||Steamed broccoli and battered hake||Brown rice with walnuts and cottage cheese||Salmon with broccoli and almond cream||Chicken burgers with avocado hummus||Grilled vegetables and sea bass||Omelet with mushrooms and asparagus|
EAT SUPERFOODS REGULARLY
In the first meal of the day, you can make a smoothie: yogurt, your favorite fruit, and you can also add kale.. You can also add fruit full of vitamins like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries… to cereal or oatmeal. There are even frozen bags of a mix made if you want to make it quicker.
Salads are your best allies. You can order them if you eat out and you can eat them quickly at home. Vegetable soup is another great option to have enough nutrients. And if you only have time for something quick like a sandwich, then instead of just ham and cheese, add lettuce, spinach, tomato… It will be delicious and healthier.
One of the easiest and richest ways to include vegetables in dishes is through pasta sauce. Instead of just tomato, mix in some onion, carrot, and leek for flavor and to meet the recommended dosage. Another option is to eat vegetables easily made in the oven or in the air fryer. Frozen vegetables are also good.
And if you like to eat snacks between meals…
The best advice is to put some healthy snacks and superfoods on sight in the kitchen or the fridge, so when you go for something to eat, the first thing you will see is healthy. Nuts, whole grains, or yogurt also are great snacks with fiber.
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH LASTING RESULTS
If one of your resolutions for 2023 is to lose weight and you want to see lasting results, you should follow a few steps to keep your weight:
- Exercise or walk at least an hour a day, almost every day.
- Follow a diet low in fat, sugar, and calories.
- Eat balanced portions of superfoods.
- Have breakfast.
Also, follow these 4 routines to achieve lasting weight loss over time:
- Weigh yourself regularly: People who weigh themselves more often can prevent gaining extra pounds.
- Plan your meals. You can maintain your weight with a low-fat and low-carb balanced diet with superfoods. People who manage to maintain their weight tend to eat the same thing most of the time, but vary the side or seasoning of those foods. For instance, a grilled chicken salad tastes different with mustard vinaigrette or raspberry vinaigrette. A standard meal that you can modify allows you to be consistent without being boring.
- Do cardio workouts: Cardio exercises such as running, cycling, and swimming, as well as cardio training sessions in the gym, are great ways to burn fat. Cardio workouts are aerobic exercises that help people burn fat. However, it is important that the cardio routine is complemented with weight training, as too much cardio could lead to loss of muscle mass.
- Eat superfoods that are high in fiber: Adding high-fiber foods such as whole-grain breakfast cereals, whole-wheat bread, broccoli, carrots, peas, beans, oatmeal, pears, oranges, and legumes promotes gut health and facilitates weight loss. They fill you up more and leave you more satiated for a longer period of time, thus getting rid of the need to snack between meals.
Still, while these quick and easy steps to fat loss will get you started, it will only be your tenacity and determination that will really help you achieve the body and health you aspire to maintain.
Use the STYiLES app to connect with image consultants worldwide that meet all your needs and give you advice on grooming and lifestyle routines. Find your image consultant, book online or in-person consultations, and get a customized wardrobe, all in one place.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.