Taking initiative towards self improvement is probably the hardest obstacle we can overcome but it has the most rewarding outcome. I can say with certainty that everyone struggles with insecurities about their physical appearance.
In the moment we can get so angry when things don’t fit a certain way and swear that we will put ourselves on a restricted diet yet the next day, we are eating frozen pizza as a midnight snack. Being fit and looking good goes hand in hand with eating healthy. Let me inspire you to take control of your life and finally achieve the appearance you have been wanting.
Change Your Mindset
One of the main reasons we lose motivation towards eating healthy and getting in shape is because it is so easy to cheat ourselves. All it takes is a single thought to skip a workout or get fast food but you have to refrain from giving yourself the option to do so. Life is filled with so many tedious tasks yet we do them anyways because there is no other option.
Train your mind to think like that when you are working hard to improve yourself. Performing a work out a few times a week is no longer an option. Consuming more fruits and vegetables is no longer an option. Do not give up on yourself because we often do. There is no tomorrow, now is your chance to kick start the new you.
How You Can Start Today
Working on eating healthy and getting in shape is not an overnight miracle. You cannot adapt to changes for a few weeks and expect long term results. You are going to be in it for the long run and it will take some time to build good habits.
- Remove processed junk food from your pantry: The easiest way to get off track is divulging into the simple pleasures of snacking. Give rid of the chips and the cookies and restock with healthy nuts, dried fruit, and power bars.
- Limit restaurant visits: Dining out is quick and convenient but taking a toll on your health. Let yourself be in charge of the ingredients by making more home cooked meals.
- Introduce small workouts: Don’t expect yourself to dive into a 30 minutes intense training from the get go. Start with 10-15 minute workouts or walks around the neighborhood.
- Build a habit of eating every 2-3 hrs: This will keep you from eating due to boredom. It also trains your body to keep your metabolism running.
- Team up with your friends: There is nothing like a friendly competition to keep up the motivation and to keep each other accountable.
I hope this short article was able to spark a new interest in working on improving your health and diet. Everyone could use a friendly reminder to focus on self improvement.
There may be a long journey ahead but nothing will change if you don’t adjust your lifestyle now. If you need some extra tips, do not hesitate to reach out on how you can improve your style and well-being through image consulting.